Friday, February 25, 2011

Heading to the Beach

It has been two weeks since my last weigh-in, so when I cautiously stepped on the scales at the Lakeland Clinic, my palms were clammy, and my heart racing. Something tells me that feeling will never leave. I am happy to report the maintaining is going well thus far. Was down a pound, (down in fat, up in muscle). This past week I really tried to pick up the pace in the exercise department. My niece and I have even started incorporating a little bit of jogging in our walking program. If this means I can burn a little more and eat just a wee bit more (sensibly, of course) I am definitely game.

My daughter and I are headed to the west coast, which is less than two hours from home to plant our stressed bodies on a stretch of sand and leave our worries behind for a few days. This will be my first time on the beach with the new and improved me since ..... well, years. If I close my eyes I can feel the warm sun, hear the roaring waves, and smell the salty air. Does it get any better than that?

In lieu of filling my face with sugar and starch while I loaf on the west coast shore, I will fill my brain with useless information from the latest gossip magazine. Can't forget to drink plenty of liquids, (mostly bottled water), and snack on some chicken and a hard boiled egg. A brisk walk on the breezy beach is just another healthy, but glorious way to enjoy the precious time I am given with my almost grown daughter. It really doesn't get any better than that.

My next blog will shed light on my experience with metabolic testing and what I learned from my results. Until then, the Gulf is calling my name.

1 comment:

  1. Dear 109, My Biggest Fan,

    Thanks so much for your support and kind words. I am sadly so late with this, but I really am going to work on the next enthralling blog. Stay tuned.

    Love,
    BL

    ReplyDelete